Saturday, July 30, 2011

My accomplishments.

I really enjoy reading personal stories more than all the technical information.  So I am going to try to make things less technical and more personal. If you have any personal stories to share, I would love to hear them!
I am a mother of four. I am over 30. I am trying to get my bachelors degree.  When I hit the age of 30, I felt like I did not have much to show as accomplishments.  In talking with a new friend this weekend, I have four great accomplishments.  Now, I do not take full credit for how they have turned out.  Someone once told me that if you take credit for your children's good deeds then you have to take credit for their bad as well. But, my kids are much better than I could have "made" them.  I love these four with all my heart and it is amazing how my heart swells with pride when I hear good things about them from other people.  I have always expected to be a stay at home mom.  As my youngest enters first grade this year and I see that I will have six hours in the day where no kids are home, I feel a great desire to be out and helping others.  There may be other mothers who have not had the opportunity I have to be home with their kids. There may be kids that go home to an empty home because mom/dad are at work. I realize that not everyone's situation is ideal, but I hope to be around to help facilitate their parenting.  As an educational professional, I cannot replace parenting, but I hope to help.

2 comments:

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

This is a cool story thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

Wow! What a great blog- I'm so impressed. Thanks for checking mine out too. I'll post your link on my blog this week.